bentley quickly explained it was leftover from the marshmallow roast him & shawn had before bed.
you see, you have to rip up a cardboard box (left over from the new basketball tshirts), add a bath towel for kindling, then get your best straw, spoon, or mini lite saber to roast some
a few firsts from this week:
- went on a walk without a stroller/wagon, etc! bentley usually wants to run the whole walk anyways so i thought we would test it out! we were out for 15 minutes but could have gone longer. he felt pretty special about it all.
- he went to puggles without caroline! and we all know this is a big deal.
- we made our own little pizzas! i have always wanted to do a little cooking project with him & since he has his hopes set on baking & decorating christmas cookies, this was a good start!
- and i have my own broth simmering on the stove as we speak! i did wimp out & had to have shawn cut up the whole chicken for me. this is something i have wanted to do for a long time & i think we can do it! it was kind of a "give a mouse a cookie" experience, because i got my broth going, then had to cut veggies for the soup i will make out of it, then cut the veggies to roast to go along with the chicken we will eat tonight...so since i have now been in the kitchen all morning, might as well make some apple crisp!
- ok ok, to accompany all of this kitchen time, i turned on christmas music!
we are getting so excited for thanksgiving! this year, we will be with my moms side of the family. i have green bean casserole, pear salad (our families favorite jello!) and a pumpkin pie on my list.