i browsed around for some interesting facts...and not the usual Taft got stuck in the bathtub, Lincoln was tallest, Reagan was an actor, etc.
01. Ulysses S. Grant was arrested for speeding while driving a horse and buggy in Washington, DC. He had to pay a fine of $20.00 and walk back to the White House.
02. Barack Obama is our 44th president, but there actually have only been 43 presidents: Cleveland was elected for two nonconsecutive terms and is counted twice, as our 22nd and 24th president.
03. At his inauguration, Washington had only one tooth. At various times he wore dentures made of human teeth, animal teeth, ivory or even lead.
04. Before he became president, Lyndon Johnson was a teacher at a small school in South Texas.
05. President John Quincy Adams owned a pet alligator which he kept in the East Room of the White House.
06. Thomas Jefferson was an avid inventor who is credited with inventing the coat hanger, hideaway bed and dumbwaiter.
go forth! impress your friends, co-workers, husbands, or maybe just the mailman.